The Minority Business Accelerator (MBA) is a program of the Tampa Bay Chamber Foundation designed to aide Black and Hispanic businesses prepare for growth. The MBA helps these businesses identify and overcome barriers, which often include limited access to capital, key decision makers, and information. By providing practical tools for change, program participants are positioned to increase capacity, create jobs, and build wealth.
Minorities own almost the same number of companies as non-minorities in Hillsborough County.
However, minority businesses contribute less than 5% of the total revenue in Hillsborough County.
The Minority Business Accelerator Mission
To help black and hispanic businesses reposition themselves to attract capital, scale their business operations, and increase sustainability in the marketplace.
The Minority Business Accelerator is part of the Tampa Bay Chamber Foundation.
Strategies For Success
- Foster positive banking relationships
- Improve credit worthiness
- Increase opportunities to receive traditional and alternative capital sources
Scale Business Operations
- Devote time to develop as a results-producing leader and business owner
- Invest in recruiting and retaining top talent and promote a positive company culture
- Adapt to industry and client demands
- Build a robust pipeline of clients and identify future “high-value” business opportunities
- Generate multiple streams of business revenue
- Create and maintain a solid business infrastructure to demonstrate the ability to perform exceptionally
The Importance of Local Connection to Ascend in Your Community and Propel Your Business
Imagine this. It is summer 2019 and you are discovering that men and ...
MBA Cohort Spotlights - June 2022
Congratulations to MBA Cohort ’22 participant David Delancy, ...
MBA Cohort Spotlights - July 2022
Congratulations to MBA Cohort ’22 participant Lennise ...
Stop Wasting Your Resources
Today you’re going to learn how to find a target market of potential ...
Tampa Bay Chamber Recruiting Next Minority Business Accelerator Cohort
June 28, 2022 Contact: Jacquelyn Bryan ...
Take the time to evaluate the value of the relationships
For more than 20 years, I've witnessed the power of relationships. Not ...
MBA Cohort Spotlights - April 2022
MBA Cohort Spotlights - April 2022 Congratulations to '22 Cohort ...
The Minority Empowerment Program (MEP) is an initiative of the Chamber designed to bring Black and Hispanic owned and led businesses and nonprofits into the community conversation through Chamber membership, resulting in a more inclusive environment and approach toward business growth throughout the region.
Nikki Pardo – Global Alliance Solutions
Avril Stinson – Senior Director, Minority Business Accelerator & Economic Inclusion
View the companies who have graduated from the Minority Business Accelerator.