Title: Membership Retention Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt
Reports to: Membership Manager
Location: Tampa, FL
Leads the retention efforts of of the Tampa Bay Chamber to ensure we engage and retain members.
- Leads the member retention process for new and existing members. Communicates and works with with members on a regular basis, documenting the results
- Leads the retention and outreach efforts of long-term members that are unengaged with the Chamber
- Backup to Membership Manager managing membership profiles in the member database
- Support the overall member experience assisting with new member applications and updates to existing memberships
- Oversees New Member Orientation and assists with leading the Ambassador Committee
- Maintains an extensive knowledge of all Chamber programs, services, initiatives, and activities.
- Documents all process and procedures, as necessary, related to job duties and responsibilities
- As needed, serves on the event support team for Chamber programs and events, some of which are outside normal working hours and are offsite
- Serves as back-up to process Certificates of Origin for the Chamber
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree required, or commensurate with experience
- 3-5 years client/member management experience preferred
- Non-profit/membership association experience preferred
- High proficiency in using Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience with database management
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability and confidence to properly communicate with members
- Must conduct yourself in a professional manner
- Ability to multi-task and work in a changing and fast-paced environment, if necessary, as part of a team
- Ability to perform job functions with a minimum of daily supervision
- Committed to service excellence in all areas
- Accountable to all staff members by ensuring their support needs and requests are met timely, efficiently, and accurately in a friendly, engaged, and professional manner
- Accountable to members and volunteers by ensuring their needs are met and questions are answered in a timely, friendly, engaged, and professional manner
- Cultivates positive member relationships
- Accountable to the Sr. Director and Manager, Membership, and other team members by ensuring that all tasks and duties are completed accurately by the specified deadline
- Works cooperatively and positively with all Chamber staff members and volunteers to promote an environment of excellence, teamwork, dignity, and respect.
- Exhibits a total commitment to maintaining high quality service standards of the Tampa Bay Chamber; demonstrates service excellence skills in dealing proactively with members, visitors, colleagues, and all Chamber contacts.
This document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. All applicants are subject to pre-employment drug and background screenings.
Please submit the following to [email protected]
- Cover Letter
- Two (2) Writing Samples
- Three (3) References
Applicants that do not submit all required materials will not be considered.