Women of Influence Luncheon
A sell-out event 15 years running, this luncheon welcomes a nationally known female speaker to share her story of finding professional success. The 600+ attendees walk away with advice from a woman who has conquered her field. The Dottie Berger MacKinnon Woman of Influence Award is also presented at this event. Past speakers include:
- Judge Glenda Hatchett – former juvenile court judge, TV personality, author
- Anne Geddes – photographer and philanthropist
- Linda Alvarado – founder & CEO of Alvarado Construction and the first Hispanic/first female owner of a Major League baseball team
- Debbie Sterling – founder & CEO of GoldieBlox
- Gay Gaddis – founder & CEO of T3
- Emily and Betsy Núñez – co-founders of Sword & Plough
- Barbara Pierce Bush – co-founder of Global Health Corps
- Viola Davis – Emmy, Oscar, and Tony Award winner
- Giuliana Rancic – entertainment journalist
- Soledad O'Brien – CNN correspondent
- Barbara Corcoran – real estate mogul
- Elizabeth Gilbert – author of Eat, Pray, Love
- Deborah Fine – Universal Television Group President
- Sarah Blakely – founder of SPANX
Pearls of Experience
This semi-annual, after-hours program brings an interactive twist to your standard networking event. Hands-on activities are complimented with remarks from a female professional who has risen to the top in her field.
Pearls of Wisdom
These semi-annual luncheons provide opportunities to hear accomplished women share their professional journey and strategies for business success, or to address a topic of relevance to today’s female professional.
Plans Women's Programming, including the annual Women of Influence Luncheon, one of the Chamber’s Signature Events, and two smaller luncheons and two evening events each year. The committee is also active in various outreach efforts, partnering with existing Chamber programs to assist with public policy initiatives, veteran employment efforts and young professional mentorship.
LaKisha Kinsey-Sallis – Fisher Phillips
Caroline McCabe – Events Manager